Product Feedback Policy
Kolmisoft is continuously aiming to improve your experience by rolling out new features and product enhancements.
On this page, you will learn about the way we collect product feedback from our customers in order to make our product better and help your business succeed.
Our approach to product feedback
At Kolmisoft, your feedback is highly valued as it provides us with direction on the features we should implement to make your experience with the product the best it can be.
We use your feedback to identify the most important features, ideas, pain points, and opportunities so that you can get more value from the product as efficiently as possible.
Please note that submitting your idea doesn’t guarantee any changes. While every piece of feedback will be read as our Product Team reviews and triages the submissions, it doesn’t necessarily ensure action.
How to submit product feedback
If you have a product suggestion or an idea about how a feature could be improved, we’d love to hear more!
To get started:
- Log into your Kolmisoft support system account and click on the Make a Suggestion button.
- You’ll be taken to the submission form, where you’ll need to type in your feedback.
- The more information you can provide the better.
- Click Submit request when you are finished.
If your submission is not a product feature or suggestion, it may be removed.
If you need to report a problem or have a question about the product that requires a more immediate or direct response, go to https://support.kolmisoft.com and create a Trouble Ticket to connect with our Support staff.
Avoid duplicate ideas
When suggesting a new idea, please check to see if someone else has already suggested a similar feature.
You can vote on feature requests that you want by clicking “I Want this” beside the title of the post. Remember to vote for the features you want to see - it will bring them to our attention faster.
What does an actionable product feedback submission look like?
After posting your feedback request, it can be voted on by other users. An ideal post succinctly describes what it is you want to do, what your pain point is, how you currently workaround the issue, and the impact this problem has on your work.
The clearer your post is and the more detail you have, the easier it will be for other users to understand the value of your request, making it more likely to be upvoted.
To make your request more impactful, here are tips for good feedback:
- Make your title concise and descriptive. This will help others find and upvote your feedback. Also, please write in English.
- Clearly outline what your ultimate goal is. What problem are you trying to solve with your suggestion? Our Product Team members are experts at troubleshooting and problem-solving. We may be able to help you find a feature or a solution that already exists!
- Provide additional context. Feel free to add a comment with any additional information or context around why this change would be helpful for you (for ex. how this suggestion will improve your daily workflow). You can even attach some screenshots to help us see what you’re experiencing!
- Highlight any workarounds. How are you currently getting around or solving this problem?
We don’t expect you to know all the answers, but feel free to get creative with what you think would work!
On the practical side, we also recommend including one suggestion per post and refraining from posting personal information.
What happens after I submit the request?
All new requests are set to the "Awaiting Feedback" status so that more people can vote, prioritize and give us information. This allows us to gauge demand, gather use cases and automatically establish impact & value using our Reports.
Periodically, our Product team sits down for a feedback meeting. The product team reviews the requests that have the highest number of votes first. The team discusses the highest priorities for our customers, team members, and prospects and how the requests align with our own strategy.
When reading through feedback, we’re primarily evaluating the level of impact that an update could have on all of our users. The larger the impacted audience, the more likely it that feedback would be prioritized.
As the team goes through they'll update the status of each request so that you immediately know the outcome. If we decide to build a request the status will change to "Planned" or "Building".
Please note that there is no assured timeline or commitment that the request will in fact end up in our product.
Viewing and prioritizing your requests
If you’ve voted for some requests, you’ll see your requests under My Priorities.
You can adjust the sliding bars to reflect your priorities.
Be sure to prioritize your requests – that way, we will know if a particular request is important to you.
Status of the requests
We will always provide an explanation as to the nature of the status update.
Our feedback portal always has the most up-to-date information about our products and what we're building next.
Note: The Request System always has the most up-to-date information about the status of requests and what we're building next.
If you reach out directly to our support or sales team they'll be able to look up the request for you, but they won't have any additional information or provide an estimate for when your item will be reviewed/developed.
If you have additional questions about the request - please use the request system directly by writing a comment. Thank you.
Definition of Kolmisoft request statuses
- Not reviewed - Our Product team has not reviewed this suggestion yet. Usually, they will provide a status within 1-2 weeks.
- Awaiting feedback -This suggestion is under consideration by the team for future development. Our Product team is gathering feedback and additional use cases regarding this suggestion. Please add your comments and support this suggestion so we can prioritize it accordingly.
- Planned -This suggestion is on our roadmap. We will post an update when we start working on it.
- Building - This suggestion is part of the current product roadmap theme.
- Released - This suggestion has been delivered and is generally available. Should we realize a feature that a customer has been requesting, we will notify everyone who has submitted related feedback.
- Declined - This suggestion is not under consideration for the current or for the next roadmap theme. It might also refer to an existing feature.
How long will it be before the product team reviews my idea?
Items will be reviewed by Kolmisoft’s product team every other week; we take the new requests and update the status where appropriate.
My request hasn’t been reviewed yet and I submitted it 6+ months ago. What can I do?
If we haven’t reviewed your request and it is a high priority for you:
- Make sure it’s at the top of your priority list.
- Make sure your request is clear. Why do you need this? What is stopping you from doing? Please add these details as a comment on your idea.
- Create a Trouble Ticket in the https://support.kolmisoft.com with the link to your original request
My idea has some votes. Why hasn't it been implemented yet?
While we would love to be able to implement more of the suggestions we receive, with finite resources and a big product roadmap, we have to decide what we work on based on a combination of factors.
This includes not just votes, but also technical complexity, time to delivery, value, and the number of users it would benefit.
Unfortunately, this means sometimes we have to make tough decisions that we know disappoint some users.
Rest assured that we regularly review the ideas and suggestions posted here as part of our routine product planning and popular requests do play a large part in prioritization considerations.
Can you provide an ETA for my idea or suggestion?
We try to keep users updated using the status indicators and comments in the tracker system as much as possible. However, it is not possible for us to provide ETAs for individual ideas or suggestions at this time.
We have never found that sharing hard delivery dates is a positive experience for either the software vendor or the customer. It sets expectations that are near impossible to keep.
There are just too many factors that can change how long an improvement or new piece of functionality takes to develop.
That’s why we choose to show “Features in Development” and “Features that are Planned”. It’s more than enough transparency to keep customers confident we have a plan and strategy behind our product.
Why would you implement new features free of charge?
The general approach is the following: if a feature makes our product better for all related parties, in the long run, it is a feature worth implementing at no cost.
Can I pay for the feature to be implemented faster?
In some cases, it is possible after careful consideration about how the feature impacts the product and other clients.
How hard it is to implement and support in the future. How much value it brings to everybody related. And do we have spare resources to postpone all other planned features for this paid feature implementation?
If you really need some feature implemented as fast as possible - please contact us directly by creating Trouble Ticket in the Support System.
If I pay for the feature will it be available for all the product users?
Yes, it will. It's impossible for us to manage and support hundreds of different versions of the product.
How to receive emails notifications when the request is updated?
If you create a request, you are subscribed to it by default.
If you want to subscribe to any other request - press on the Subscribe To This button to subscribe for the updates about the request.
Also make sure that you have enabled Email Notifications in your account settings:
And make sure you have correct Request Email filled up:
If nothing helps - please check Spam folder.
IMPORTANT: Our product roadmap is always subject to change.
It is not a commitment, promise, or obligation to deliver any specific features.
Customers should make any purchasing decisions on Kolmisoft's product features that are already available.
Thank you for your feedback, understanding, and support.