M2 PayPal Addon
PayPal is a popular payment gateway which allows you to collect money from your clients. Clients are not required to have a PayPal account to pay you. They can also pay with their credit/debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) — all without having a PayPal account (you need a PayPal PRO account and M2 PayPal Addon to enable your users to pay without a PayPal account).
When PayPal Addon is activated, Payments tab will be available in MAINTENANCE - Settings
- Activate Paypal Payments - yes or no. This will add PayPal payment menu in Users accounts Start page.
- Paypal Client ID - Paypal client ID (provided by Paypal).
- Secret PayPal Key - key to verify transactions (provided by PayPal).
NOTE These are not PayPal username and password, but Paypal Client ID and Secret Paypal Key. PayPal payment option won't show up for a User, if these credentials are incorrect or API fails for other reasons.
- Default currency - default currency for payments via PayPal.
- Default amount - amount which will be put in amount field by default.
- Minimal amount - minimal allowed payment amount.
- Maximum amount - maximul allowed payment amount.
After enabling Allow PayPal in User settings, the User will see the following menu on its account startup page with a dropdown box to select PayPal currency, with the default from User's account default:
Note: If the User's default currency is not included in the PayPal currency list, then then the default selection is default PayPal currency.