Telecom licenses: USA

From Kolmisoft Wiki

Jump to: navigation, search

Information provided by Tim Rice from True Call International

If you want to provide telecom services in USA, you must hold a 214 license and submit 499-A forms for USF for businesses generating less than $10,000 in revenues or 499-Q for customers generating more (which are submitted quarterly).

Without these, the FCC can impose fines greater than 100,000 USD.

So please check local and governmental regulations prior to entering the calling card business.

Information provided by Rich Bodo


You don't need a carrier license in the USA just to route traffic to other countries. If you want to give out US phone numbers, you need to support e911 and such, so that's a little more complicated. Contact NENA ( If you are just doing calling card, etc. Don't worry about the US. Just do business.

More useful links:

Personal tools


Try M2